WeThinkBig – Executive & Outreach Program Assistant
Part-time, flexible hours
We Think Big, Inc. (WTB), a not-for-profit organization based in Madison, seeks an organized, high energy and social media savvy Executive & Outreach Program Assistant to assist in launching programs and events for educators and employers in the region.
Reporting to the CEO, the Program Assistant will be responsible for implementing and managing social media, managing contact databases, assisting with special events, and overseeing business operations of the WTB headquarters office on Madison’s west side. Specific responsibilities include:
Communications, Social Media & Technical
- Setting up, assisting in strategy and managing WTB’s social media presence, including: websites, staff blogs, twitter, Facebook accounts and other social media
- Managing the website and online calendar of events (WeThinkBigInc.org)
- Creating and managing survey forms; registration apps, and related processes
- Researching content and media
Special Events & Program Management
- Assisting with special event development; interacting with speakers, presenters, support staff
- Overseeing event registration and logistics
- Managing and assisting with program events and development
- Managing event and program volunteers, interacting with vendors
And other duties as assigned by the CEO. This is a part-time, hourly position at $12 – 15/hour, with an average of 20 hours/week. There may be occasional late afternoon/early evening and weekend hours.
The ideal candidate will be or have:
- Mastery of MS Office Products (MS Word, Excel, Access, Google Docs and Social Media
- Competence with managing websites, Twitter, Facebook and other social media systems
- Excellent communicator with great verbal, written and customer service skills
- Attention to detail and high production standards
- A self-starter; able to organize, meet deadlines and juggle multiple priorities
- Reliable transportation, especially while managing special events
- Passionate about WTB’s mission to support educators and employers in educational innovation
This is an ideal opportunity for an organized, creative individual who wants to make a difference, build their portfolio and apply their professional efforts to a good cause.
Interested candidates should send resume with brief cover letter to email@example.com with “Assistant Search” in the subject line.
Wisconsin Educators and Employers Thinking Big to share, learn and work together for the benefit of all students